GLYNIS MARIE (BETTY FRANK) COX
Aug. 5, 1931 - March 29, 2014
On March 16, 2011 I posted on this blog, the story of THE GREAT BETTY, I was writing about one of the Cariboo's most unique dog mushers, known to all who knew her simply as Betty Frank. It is with some personal sadness that I am writing to share that Betty passed away 11 days ago. Let me quote from a short obituary notice...."Passed away at Campbell River Hospital on Saturday, March 29th, 2014.....Betty enjoyed her life in the Cariboo, hunting, trapping and dog teaming and recently published her stories in her book 'The Legendary Betty Frank'. She spent her last years near her three children on Quadra Island. Betty was outgoing, energetic, dancing to the end". I am thankful that Betty was my friend, I am grateful for the experiences that I shared with her, of the places we travelled and the adventures we shared....come to think of it, every meeting with Betty was an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment